About Scent Carousels
The carousel is a pressure search device offering dynamic training with a multiple-choice concept. The carousel will consistently present odours for imprint training and desensitise non-target objects the dog may encounter during operational searches.
The carousel will dramatically speed up training for a new search dogs, constantly shaping dogs and maintaining training between operational searches.
To summarise the benefits of using a carousel:
- Dramatically speed up your training programme.
- Consistently shapes dogs in a fast way.
- Desensitises non-target objects.
- Increases focus on the target odour.
- Increases search pressure.
- Presents a moving target.
- Increase number of choices.
- Probability of hitting the same target 3 times consecutively is 1700 : 1 using a 12-arm.
- Utilises NATO Pots & Lids to DSTL standards.
- Its portable and only weighs 30 kgs
- Can be set up in small spaces and taken down when not in use.
- It’s height adjustable to suite medium to large dogs.
- Can be supplied with baffle plates to slow the dog down.
- Multiple uses with interchangeable stainless steel arms that can be changed for vapour systems, bio medical, universal tubes and sealed containers.
This is a dynamic training tool and a must have piece of kit for any dog trainer. It will reduce your dog training program by months saving you time and money.
Before the use of carousels imprint training was a bit haphazard with the use of cages, bricks, woodpiles and numerous pro-active devices such as scent boxes.