The carousel is a pressure search device offering dynamic training with a multiple-choice concept. The carousel will consistently present odours for imprint training and desensitise non-target objects the dog may encounter during operational searches.
The carousel will dramatically speed up training for a new search dog, constantly shaping dogs and maintaining training between operational searches.
To summarise the benefits of using a carousel:
- Dramatically speed up your training programme.
- Consistently shapes dogs in a fast way.
- Desensitises non-target objects.
- Increases focus on the target odour.
- Increases search pressure.
- Presents a moving target.
- Increase the number of choices.
- Probability of hitting the same target 3 times consecutively is 1700 : 1 using a 12-arm.
- Utilises NATO Pots & Lids to DSTL standards.
- It’s portable and only weighs 30 kgs
- Can be set up in small spaces and taken down when not in use.
- It’s height-adjustable to suit medium to large dogs.
- Can be supplied with baffle plates to slow the dog down.
- Multiple uses with interchangeable stainless steel arms that can be changed for vapour systems, biomedical, universal tubes and sealed containers.
This is a dynamic training tool and a must-have piece of kit for any dog trainer. It will reduce your dog training program by months saving you time and money.
Before the use of carousels imprint training was a bit haphazard with the use of cages, bricks, woodpiles and numerous pro-active devices such as scent boxes.